San Jose, located in the heart of Silicon Valley has a huge collection of people form cultures and hence diverse cuisines. Among the diverse restaurants in the city, there are some fantastic Mexican restaurants that offer traditional and modern Mexican dishes. This article shows some of the top Mexican restaurants in San Jose, along with their description, address, contact information, and opening hours.
List of 10 Best Mexican Restaurants in San Jose
This upscale Mexican restaurant in San Jose features a creative menu with a focus on mezcal cocktails and regional Mexican cuisine. Their decor is inspired by the art and culture of Mexico.
- Address: 25 W San Fernando St, San Jose, CA 95113
- Contact: (408) 283-9595
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 11:30 am – 9 pm, Friday 11:30 am – 10 pm, Saturday 5 pm – 10 pm, Sunday closed
2. La Victoria Taqueria
There are many casual Mexican restaurants in San Jose and La Victoria Taqueria is one of them. This casual taqueria with multiple locations in San Jose is known for its famous orange sauce and delicious, affordable tacos. They also offer burritos, quesadillas, and other Mexican favorites.
- Address: 140 E San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95112
- Contact: (408) 298-5335
- Opening hours: Daily 8 am – 12 am
3. Luna Mexican Kitchen
This Mexican restaurant in San Jose serves fresh, farm-to-table dishes with a modern twist. They also offer a selection of craft cocktails and Mexican beers.
- Address: 1495 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126
- Contact: (408) 320-2654
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 11:30 am – 9 pm, Friday 11:30 am – 10 pm, Saturday 10 am – 10 pm, Sunday 10 am – 9 pm
4. Taqueria El Coral
There are many family-managed Mexican restaurants in San Jose and Taqueria El Coral is lucky to be one of them. This family-owned taqueria in East San Jose offers a variety of authentic Mexican dishes, including tacos, burritos, and tortas. They also have vegetarian options and daily specials.
- Address: 716 N 13th St, San Jose, CA 95112
- Contact: (408) 288-5335
- Opening hours: Daily 9 am – 9 pm
This popular Mexican restaurant in San Jose serves up hearty portions of traditional Mexican favorites, including enchiladas, fajitas, and chimichangas. They also offer margaritas and other cocktails.
- Address: 87 E San Fernando St, San Jose, CA 95113
- Contact: (408) 800-8226
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 11 am – 9 pm, Friday to Saturday 11 am – 10 pm, Sunday 11 am – 8 pm
6. Habana Cuba
While technically a Cuban restaurant, Habana Cuba also offers delicious Mexican dishes. The menu features items such as chile rellenos, quesadillas, and shrimp ceviche, as well as Cuban specialties such as ropa vieja and arroz con pollo. So, if you’re looking for Mexican Restaurants in San Jose that sell both Cuban and Mexican cuisine, then check Habana Cuba.
- Address: 238 Race St, San Jose, CA 95126
- Contact: (408) 998-2822
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Thursday 11 am – 9 pm, Friday 11 am – 10 pm, Saturday 9 am – 10 pm, Sunday 9 am – 9 pm, Monday closed
7. Tu Mero Mole
This family-owned Mexican restaurant in San Jose offers authentic Oaxacan cuisine, including a variety of moles, tlayudas, and mezcal. The dishes are made with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and traditional Oaxacan techniques.
- Address: 2049 Pacific Ave, San Jose, CA 95128
- Contact: (408) 479-7524
- Opening hours: Tuesday to Thursday 11 am – 8 pm, Friday and Saturday 11 am – 9 pm, Sunday 11 am – 8 pm, Monday closed
8. La Costa
This no-frills Mexican restaurant in San Jose is one of the best Mexican restaurants in San Jose that offers delicious, affordable dishes in a casual setting. The menu features classic items such as tacos, burritos, and enchiladas, as well as seafood dishes such as ceviche and camarones al mojo de ajo.
- Address: 2027 N 1st St, San Jose, CA 95131
- Contact: (408) 251-8850
- Opening hours: Daily 9 am – 9 pm
9. Zona Rosa
Zona Rosa is an award winning restaurant as it is the one Mexican restaurant in San Jose that was awarded the 2018 San Jose Mercury News’s best taco award. This restaurant makes all its tortillas by hand and prepares them with rich ingredients which include chorizo with mole Negro and black bean puree, sweet potatoes and tempura scallop with asparagus chipotle glaze. You can also get to enjoy the carnitas Benedict made with chipotle hollandaise and the bottomless guava-orange mimosas during brunch.
- Address: 1411 The Alameda, San Jose, CA
- Contact: 408 275 1411
- Opening hours: TUES-THURS 11AM-9PM, FRI 11AM-9:30PM, SAT 10:30AM-9:30PM, SUN 10:30AM-9PM , LUNCH TUES-FRI 11AM-3PM
- SAT & SUN BRUNCH: 10:30AM-3PM; CLOSED ON MONDAYS
10.Angelou’s Mexican Grill
This family-owned Mexican restaurant in San Jose is located downtown taqueria and it is open daily. Angelou’s Mexican Grill is famous for its enchiladas, pork in chile verde, and carnitas. You will also find Moco Loco and Cali-Moco burritos, which is prepared with an egg, meat, cheese, rice and salsa. Angelou’s also has a wide variety of tasty meals vegans and these include, taco de papa, chile rellenos, and veggie burritos, tacos, quesadillas and nachos.
- Address: 21 North 2nd Street San Jose, CA 95113
- Contact: (408)-971-2287
- Opening hours: Thur, Fri, Sat 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM, Mon, Tue, Wed 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
In conclusion, there is a variety of Mexican restaurants in San Jose ranging from upscale and modern to casual and traditional cuisines and settings. Whether you are in the mood for creative cocktails or classic tacos, there is something for everyone to enjoy. So if you are in San Jose and looking for some delicious Mexican cuisine, check out one of the ones recommended in this article.