In this article, I explore some of the best Chinese restaurants in NYC, including their opening hours, contact details, and addresses. New York City is a melting pot of cultures, and its culinary scene is a true reflection of that. With a large Chinese population, it’s no surprise that there are many Chinese restaurants in NYC selling delicious traditional Chinese cuisine. These include Chinese restaurants in NYC that sell traditional cuisines and modern fusion dishes for all classes of people.
List of 8 Best Chinese Restaurants in NYC
1. Jing Fong
Jing Fong is one of the largest and best Chinese restaurants in NYC, with a capacity enough to accommodate up to 800 guests at a time. The restaurant has a lively atmosphere with carts piled high with dumplings, buns, and other small plates weaving their way through the dining room.
- Opening hours: 10 am to 3 pm on weekdays when Dim sum is served; 9 am to 3 pm on weekends.
- Address: 20 Elizabeth St, New York, NY 10013
- Contact: (212) 964-5256
2. Wu’s Wonton King
Wu’s Wonton King is a family-run restaurant that serves authentic Cantonese cuisine. This is the best Chinese restaurant in NYC known for their specialty of roasted suckling pig, which is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Other popular dishes available at this restaurant include the seafood and tofu hotpot and the shrimp and snow pea leaf dumplings.
- Opening hours: Wu’s Wonton King is open from 11:30 am to 10 pm from Monday to Thursday, 11:30 am to 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays, and 11:30 am to 9:30 pm on Sundays.
- Address: 165 E Broadway, New York, NY 10002
- Contact: (212) 477-1111
3. Han Dynasty
Han Dynasty is a popular Sichuan restaurant with other several locations throughout the city. As one of the best Chinese restaurants in NYC, Han dynasty is famous for their dishes with bold flavors and spicy heat, including the dan dan noodles and the spicy lamb dumplings.
- Opening hours: Han Dynasty is open from 11:30 am to 10 pm from Monday to Thursday, 11:30 am to 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays, and 11:30 am to 9:30 pm on Sundays.
- Address: 90 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10003
- Contact: (212) 390-8685
RedFarm is one of the best Chinese restaurants in NYC which has a modern design and feel. The restaurant has two locations in the city. Their dishes are known for their inventive twists on traditional Chinese cuisine, including the pastrami egg roll and the kung pao chicken with chili peppers and peanuts.
- Opening hours: RedFarm is open from 11:30 am to 11 pm from Monday to Thursday, 11:30 am to 11:30 pm on Fridays, 10:30 am to 11:30 pm on Saturdays, and 10:30 am to 10 pm on Sundays
- Address 1: 529 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014
- Contact 1: (212) 792-9700
- Address 2: Upper West Side location is at 2170 Broadway, New York, NY 10024
- Contact 2: (212) 724-9700.
5. Hwa Yuan
Hwa Yuan is a one of the best Chinese restaurants in NYC that is located in the heart of Chinatown in Lower Manhattan. The restaurant has been a staple of the community for over 50 years, serving up traditional Szechuan-style cuisine to locals and visitors alike. The restaurant is known for its signature dish, the Cold Sesame Noodles, which are made from scratch using a secret family recipe that has been passed down for generations.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 11:30 am to 3:00 pm for lunch, and 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm for dinner; Saturday and Sunday: 11:30 am to 4:00 pm for lunch, and 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm for dinner.
- Address: 42 East Broadway in New York City.
- Contact: (212) 966-6002
6. 456 Shanghai Cuisine
456 Shanghai Cuisine is one of the best Chinese restaurants in NYC with a perfect blend of the 1963-vintage. The restaurant was reopened in 2011 bringing back great classics of Shanghai like the soup dumplings, crispy fish and cold sesame noodles. You will also get a special lunch where dim sum is served.
- Opening hours: 456 Shanghai Cuisine is open every day of the week, Monday to Sunday, from 11am-11pm
- Address: 69 Mott St New York 10013
- Contact: 212-964-0003
7. Xi’an Famous Foods
If you are familiar with the cuisines of Xi’an and you are in search of where to enjoy it, then the Xi’an Famous Foods is the best Chinese restaurant in NYC you should visit. This restaurant offers mouth tingling menu of spicy noodles and cumin-spiced burgers.
- Opening hours: Xi’an Famous Foods opens daily from 11am–9pm
- Address: 67 Bayard St New York 10013
- Contact: no telephone, visit website: http://xianfoods.com/
8. Grand Sichuan
This Chinese restaurant offers up to 80 different mouthwatering dishes comprising of native Chinese meals and the American-Chinese cuisines. Meals offer at this restaurant ranges from crispy quail, Sichuan-style braised sliced beef, spicy double-cooked pork, plump crab and pork soup dumplings and tender lamb.
- Opening hours: Grand Sichuan opens daily from 11:30am–11pm
- Address: 229 Ninth Ave New York 10001
- Contact: 212-620-5200
So, if you are looking for the best Chinese restaurants in NYC to get a variety of Chinese cuisine in New York City, look no further than the above mentioned restaurants. Be prepared to enjoy a dining experience that is second to none. With amazing decors paired with traditional Szechuan-style cuisine and exceptional service, you are sure to only get the best.