Baylor University provides students with a growing academic institute that brings excellence and leadership.
Baylor University has dedicated and good professors and is committed to Christian values, providing students with growth and opportunity to succeed now and in the future.
Baylor University is a private Christian university located in Waco, Texas, and a nationally ranked research institution. It is the oldest operating university in Texas and one of the first educational institutions west of the Mississippi River in the United States.
University of Waco and Baylor University were two different schools before they merged to become Baylor University in Waco.
Baylor is unique because bonds of friendship grow strong in the university and the number and quality of programs available to faculty, staff, and students reach.
In this article, you will know the acceptance rate of Baylor University and other information that you might need to help in your admission process.
What are the degrees at Baylor University?
Baylor University is divided into twelve degree-granting academic units. Three of the units are appointed as colleges, eight are appointed as schools and one is a seminary.
The Colleges Include:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Robbins College of Health and Human Sciences
- Honors College
The Seminary Include:
- George W. Truett Theological Seminary
The Schools Include:
- Diana R. Garland School of Social Work
- School of Education
- School of Engineering & Computer Science
- School of Music
- Graduate School
- Hankamer School of Business
- Louise Herrington School of Nursing
- Law School
What is the acceptance rate of Baylor University?
Baylor University has an acceptance rate of 38.6%.
Every year, about 19,000 students apply to Baylor University, hoping to get admitted. You’re probably here because you’re one of them.
Baylor University acceptance rate from 2019 to 2022
2019 – 45.3
2020 – 68.2
2021 – 39.0
20211 – 38.6
1190 – 1360
26 – 31
Does Baylor University accept transfer students?
Yes, 2.48% of students at Baylor University are transfer students. Not to worry if you’re a transfer student, you’ll meet others and definitely fit in.
Baylor University acceptance rate for transfer students
If you’re a transfer student, you’re likely to get admitted into Baylor University because the institution accepts 83.95% of students who apply as transfer students.
This means that 84 out of 100 students are admitted as transfer students.
As a transfer student, the minimum GPA required is 2.75 on a point scale of 4.33.
What are the requirements of a transfer student?
As a transfer student looking forward to being admitted into Baylor University, the following will be required of you.
- Admission Item
- High School Transcript
- College Transcript
- An essay or Personal Statement
- Standardized Test Scores
- Statement of Good Standing from Prior Institution
NB: In addition to the above requirements, Baylor University also requires a minimum of 24 credits completed to apply to be a transfer student.
What GPA is required for Baylor University?
The average GPA considered at Baylor University is 3.72. If your GPA is lower than 3.72, you will need a higher SAT score to fill in the gap.
Baylor University Admissions Requirements
- High School GPA
- Class Rank
- Standardized Test Scores
- High School Transcript
- Application Essays
- College Prep Courses
- Participation in Extracurricular activities
Baylor University admission process for international students
- Pick Your Application Deadline
- Choose Your Application Method
- Review The Application Checklist
- Submit Your Application Materials
Pick Your Application Deadline
There are three deadlines you can choose when applying to Baylor University.
Early Decision 1 – receives an answer by December 15
Early Action – receives an answer by January 15
Early Decision 2 – receives an answer by March 1
Regular Admission – receive an answer by April 10
Choose Your Application Method
The application methods to choose from include,
- Baylor Online Application
- Common Application
- Apply Texas
HELPFUL TIP: The email address you used in applying will also be used in communicating important information during your application till graduation if you’re admitted. I recommend using a personal email address that you will check regularly and use for a long time.
Review The Application Checklist
Here are the documents that will be included on your checklist.
1. Completed Application for Admission
3. Academic Record
4. Test Scores
5. Apply for Financial Aid – FAFSA & CSS Profile
6. Other Requirements
7. Recommended Items
Submit Your Application Materials
How hard is it to get into Baylor University?
- Baylor University can be selective, considering the current acceptance rate of 38.6%, you’re in for some competition.
- However, aside from having a strong GPA, and doing well in your SAT and ACT, Baylor University also finds interests in students who:
- Find it exciting to participate in intellectual activities
- Are doing well academically, but have also been given room for opportunities outside the four walls of the classroom.
- Who understands and values faith and wants to be in a community of like-minded people.
With the necessary requirements, Baylor University isn’t hard to get to. Don’t get scared, do your best.
Baylor University Sports
If you’re a die-hard fan of different sports, this might be another reason why you should consider going to Baylor University.
Baylor University is among the top 10 per cent in the National Merit Scholars Program.
Baylor University has won altogether 50 Big 12 Conference championships. Its all-time titles have come in eight different sports: men’s tennis, women’s tennis, women’s basketball, baseball, soccer, softball, men’s golf, and equestrian.
These recognitions show the success, excellence and capability of the athletics department in helping the students shine both in athletics and academics.
Baylor University athletic programs for men’s sports include:
- Track and Field
- Golf and Tennis.
Baylor University athletic programs for women’s sports include:
- Acrobatics and Tumbling
- Track and Field
Baylor University Achievements
- Baylor frequently ranks in the top 100 national doctoral-granting universities in “America’s Best Colleges” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Graduate programs in law, business, health disciplines, nursing, the sciences, and education are nationally ranked in the 2020 “America’s Best Graduate Schools” according to U.S. News.
- History has it that Baylor law students have scored the highest passing rate on the Texas State Bar Exam 10 times since 2010.
- The Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative (BRIC) develops, promotes, and markets new science and engineering technologies and provides graduate research space for the School of Engineering and Computer Science.
- The Howard Hughes Medical Institute has chosen Baylor to join the Science Education Alliance, which engages Baylor students in scientific discovery on a national scale.
- The Diana R. Garland School of Social Work is a co-sponsor of the Texas Hunger Initiative, a cooperative effort to alleviate hunger in the state.C
- The Chronicle of Higher Education cites Baylor in 11 categories in its “Great Colleges to Work For” survey.
Getting into Baylor University might not be hard, you can be a part of the 38.6% percent of people accepted. All you need to do is meet any requirements and give it your best shot.
Baylor University is one of only 44 colleges and universities in the U.S. named a “Best Buy” according to The Fiske Guide to Colleges.
Research shows that 87% of students find jobs or start graduate school within six months of graduation. You can as well call Baylor University a good luck school.
Baylor University graduates excel in different places of responsibility. If you’re looking forward to having Academic growth, Spiritual growth and an increase in other areas alongside having fun, you might want to consider going to Baylor University.
Baylor University isn’t only concerned about you excelling academically but is also interested in her students having a good life outside the four walls of the classroom. That is why different exercises take place in the school.
Getting into Baylor University with a low GPA might not be guaranteed but can work out if you have A’s and B’s to compensate.
One interesting fact about Baylor University is that Baylor has a small zoo on its campus that houses two of the institution’s Northern American Black Bears, Lady and Joy.
The Bear became the mascot in 1914, and bears have been housed on campus since. Joy and Lady are biological sisters and arrived at campus in 2001 and 2002, respectively.
Only a few universities have real mascots and Baylor University is proudly one of them.
If you’re a law student looking for a good university to enrol in, Baylor University is your best bet. Baylor University has the best law school in the whole of Texas.
Baylor University’s level of academic challenge, active and collaborative learning, student-faculty interaction, enriching educational experiences, and supportive campus environment are unique programs put in place to help the students become better.
In case you didn’t know, Baylor is the largest private university in the world. That’s sure something to brag about once you’re admitted.
I hope this article has eased your admission process. Drop a comment if you found this helpful.
Find up-to-date acceptance rates for all Universities and Colleges here.