Centenary University is a private liberal arts university in Hackettstown, New Jersey. It was founded as a preparatory school by the Newark Conference of the United Methodist church in 1867.
It later developed into a junior college for women and later a coeducational four-year university offering undergraduate and Master’s level graduate programs. Centenary University is committed to helping its students grow and also giving them a channel to develop themselves in every area of their lives.
Centenary University has a high acceptance rate, which makes it easy for students to get accepted provided they meet up with the school’s requirements. The programs offered at Centenary University are unique and extensively taught for the students to gain value. One of the amazing things about Centenary University is its affordability.
In this article, you will know the acceptance rate of Centenary University and how you can use good grades to secure yourself a slot in the school.
Centenary University acceptance rate
The acceptance rate of Centenary University is 93%.
This percentage means that if there are 100 admission applications, only 7 out of 100 students will not be granted admission. If you meet all the requirements and probably surpass them, Centenary University is easy to get into.
Centenary University SAT/ACT requirements
Centenary University has extremely easy admission requirements for SAT and ACT.
SAT Range: 895/1100
ACT Range: 15/22
These scores don’t mean that you should work less regarding your grades, it only implies that more effort should be put in. Because, the higher your scores, the better your chances.
Estimated Chance of Acceptance by SAT Score
- Scores from 1100 and Above have a 96% acceptance rate.
- Scores from 997 to 1100 have a 93%-96% acceptance rate.
- Scores from 895 to 997 have an 88%-93% acceptance rate.
- Scores from 793 to 895 have a 79%-88% acceptance rate.
- Scores Less than 793 have a <79% acceptance rate.
Estimated Chance of Acceptance by ACT Score
- Scores from 22 and Above have a >97% acceptance rate.
- Scores between 18 to 22 have a 93%-97% acceptance rate.
- Scores between 15 and 18 have an 88%-93% acceptance rate.
- Scores between 12 and 15 have an 82%-88% acceptance rate.
- Scores Less than 12 have a <82% acceptance rate.
Centenary University average GPA
The average GPA required from an applicant is 3.2.
With a 3.2 and above GPA, you can secure your slot among the 93% of students who will get admitted.
Centenary University admissions requirements
Centenary University requires that all applicants submit the following:
- Secondary school GPA
- Secondary school record
- College-preparatory program
- Formal demonstration of competencies
- Other tests
- Secondary school rank
Letters of recommendation are no longer accepted.
Most popular major at Centenary University
- Animal Services
- Business Administration and Management
- Child development and Psychology
- Design and Applied Arts
- Communication and Media Studies
Centenary University undergraduate programs
Centenary’s undergraduate academic programs are all designed to provide you with a solid liberal arts foundation, backed by the skills and preparation you need to succeed in your career.
The undergraduate programs include:
- Computer Science
- Creative Writing
- Social Media Marketing
- Technical Theater
- Supply Chain Management
- Project Management
- Public Health
- Social Work
Centenary University graduate programs
- Master of Arts in Counseling
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership
- Master of Business Administration
What is Centenary University known for?
Centenary University is full of professors who pay attention to even the slightest details when it comes to their students. From knowing their names to believing in their potential and being readily available to assist them when the need arises.
It is a school that combines liberal arts education with real-world experiences. You are not expected to just do the theory alone but also put into practice whatever you’re being taught. You are allowed to apply for internships, real-world experience courses, research scholarships, and more.
As of Princeton’s review, Centenary University is Top in National Liberal Arts College.
The university offers an uncommon range of undergraduate courses including accounting, criminal justice, equine science, fashion, and psychology. Graduate programs are available for business, counseling, education and leadership, and public administration.
What is unique about Centenary University?
Centenary is close to so many adorable natural views. Lakes, Rivers, and Recreation centers where students can spend time out of the school premises to either relax, go fishing, take a walk, canoe, or have fun.
Students are also permitted to take trips to places like the Jersey Shore, New York, Philadelphia, or the Delaware Gap National Recreation Center. Another interesting part is that Skiers can use the nearby ski resorts in Northern New Jersey and the Poconos area of Pennsylvania.
This is to say that, outside of Centenary University school walls, you do have more to gain and experience.
Extracurricular-wise, Centenary University teams participate in 8 NCAA Division 3 intercollegiate Sports. Men’s sports include Basketball, Baseball, Lacrosse, and softball. Women’s sports include Volleyball, Softball, and Basketball amongst others.
If you love sports, this is another reason to find yourself there.
What percentage of students submit their SAT and ACT scores when applying?
81% of students submit their SAT scores to Centenary College. 12% of applicants send their ACT scores when applying.
To increase your chances, you are expected to submit the test in which you performed better.
Centenary University Rankings
- Centenary University ranked #6592 of 14,131 Universities in the world.
- Centenary University ranked #1779 of 2,597 Universities in North America.
- Centenary University ranks #1693 out of 2,496 universities in the United States.
- Centenary University ranks #28 of 47 universities in New Jersey.
Does Centenary University accept international students?
Yes, Centenary University accepts international students and also provides a comfortable and warm environment for them to live in.
Can international students apply for early decisions?
Yes, an international student can apply early decision but that doesn’t guarantee that he/she will automatically be granted admission.
Early decisions can boost an applicant’s chance of gaining admission but the requirements are still needed to be met.
Are there resource rooms or special classes for students with disabilities at Centenary?
No. All students with disabilities are held to the same standards as the general student population.
There is no discrimination or special treatment for students with disabilities. They are all treated and catered for like other students.
This is to make sure that they are comfortable and not give them the impression that they’re being looked down upon or treated specially because of their disabilities.
Reasons to choose Centenary University
- Education doesn’t need to be done in the school alone. At Centenary University, students are allowed to learn beyond the institution.
- At Centenary University, professors not teaching assistants teach all courses. They also focus on a collaborative, conducive, and inclusive learning environment for all students.
- At Centenary University, all students are active and a crucial part of the learning and decision-making process.
- Centenary University provides leadership opportunities and avenues to develop personal and individual interests to help you stand out.
- It is understood that every student is unique in their way, therefore all tools are provided for students to succeed in their chosen area of interest.
- A safe and supportive environment is important in learning, this is guaranteed at Centenary University.
- Centenary University is affordable and there are also available scholarship programs you can opt-in for.
- Learning from professors with real-world experiences is essential to gaining knowledge that you can put to use when you graduate.
- Centenary University’s strong Career Development Center offers amazing internships that assist you in finding a job after graduation.
Is Centenary University difficult to get into?
From the acceptance rate, you can conclude that Centenary University is not difficult to get into. All you need to do to top the list is meet all the requirements and write an outstanding essay.
Centenary University is an easy school for students who can prove that they can meet the school’s high standards. Writing a compelling essay is a way to convince the admissions officers that you meet the school’s standards.
Centenary University is a community of learners differentiated by various student bodies, a dedicated faculty and staff, and facilitating educational opportunities.
As the primary educational and cultural resource for northwest New Jersey, Centenary offers a range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs as well as non-degree courses for professional and personal development.
Centenary University is committed to broadening its presence in the immediate and expanded geographic region through its excellent undergraduate and graduate programs.
Centenary University understands the needs and unique characteristics of all students who are making this transition. The school environment provides you with the tools needed to succeed.