Chicago is one of the most popular and prominent cities in the United States. The city is well-known for its diverse amusement parks, including its cuisine, fashion, music, etc. Chicago amusement parks are a good choice for leisure activities for children, adults, tourists, and others. In this article, I explore the 10 top Chicago amusement parks in 2023.
Chicago: 10 Amusement Parks
Here are the top amusement parks you can find in Chicago:
1. Pirates’ Cove Children’s Theme Park
Pirates’ Cove Children’s Theme Park is at 901 Leicester Rd, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. It is found about 27 miles from downtown Chicago. Pirates’ Cove Children’s Theme Park is an amusement park for kids from two to nine. This amusement park is a great place to host kids’ birthday parties, among other events. Pirates’ Cove Children’s park rides include Captain’s Carousel, Camelot’s Castle, Jolly Roger Jump, and Pete’s Pirate Ship.
Pirates’ Cove Children’s Theme Park is always open on weekends from June through August. The entry fee for children from Chicago is USD 10 and USD 15 for other children. However, adults have free entry to the park.
- Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:00 noon – 4:00 pm
2. Six Flags Great America
Six Flags Great America is also among the 10 top Chicago amusement parks. Previously called Marriott’s Great America, Six Flags Great America is located in Gurnee, Illinois, about 45 miles from downtown Chicago. This park has nine themed areas, seventeen roller coasters, and a water park. Six Flags Great America rides include Columbia Carousel, Superman: Ultimate Flight, American Eagle, Batman: The Ride, etc.
Six Flags Great America’s opening hours vary depending on the period. Six Flags is open from Monday to Sunday during holidays and the festive season, 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Six Flags Great America’s entry fee is USD 59.99.
3. Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park
This park is among Chicago’s largest indoor amusement parks, particularly in the Western Suburbs. Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park consist of attractions including wall climbing, bowling, café, etc. This amusement park is well-known for its trampoline center and the Sky Rider for kids. Also, Urban Air Adventure Park is famous amongst kids for organizing birthday parties and other events.
Other Details about Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park:
- Address: 140 E Lake St, Bloomingdale, IL 60108
- Timings: Sunday: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm; Monday – Wednesday: 11:00 am to 7:00 pm; Thursday: 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm; Friday: 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm; Saturday: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Entry Fee: Platinum Attractions: USD 29.99; Ultimate Attractions: USD 25.99; Deluxe Attractions: USD 20.99; Basic Attractions Basic Trampolines Only: USD 15.99; Bowling (A la Carte) Per hour for one lane: USD 15.00; Bowling (Add-on) Per hour for one lane if purchased with walk-in package: USD 10.00; Deluxe Access for Children 5 & Under: USD 9.99; Urban Air Socks: USD 2.99.
4. Odyssey Fun World
Odyssey Fun World ranks 4th place among the 10 top Chicago amusement parks. This park is an indoor amusement park at 19111 Oak Park Ave., Tinley Park, Il 60477, 30 miles from downtown Chicago. Odyssey Fun World is well-known for hosting family and corporate events, including birthday parties. This park consists of go-karts, miniature golf, a Ferris wheel, a zip line, gaming arcade bumper cars, bumper boats, redemption centers, a laser tag area, Chipper’s Café, etc.
- Timings: Monday – Wednesday: Closed; Thursday and Sunday: 12:00 noon – 8:00 pm; Friday – Saturday: 12:00 noon – 9:00 pm;
- Entry Fee: Indoor 3 Hours Eat/Play Package: USD 19.99
5. Play and Spin
Play and Spin is another amusement park in Chicago with attractions for adults and kids. This park is also one of the most popular birthday party destinations in Northside Chicago. Play and Spin’s interests include a laser tag arena surrounded by maze walls, a rock-climbing wall, and go-karts on the 6,000-square-foot track. Also, Play and Spin has an indoor gaming arcade, VR games, and a sports bar for adults to chill and relax.
- Entry Fee: Unlimited Video Game Play Package: USD 16.99; Unlimited Video Games, Go-Karts, and Laser Tag Play Package: USD 28.99; Unlimited Video Games, Go-Karts, and Laser Tag Play Package: USD 31.99; Arcade: USD 0.50 – USD 2.00 per game; Go Karts: USD 7 per ride; VR Games: USD 5 for 5 minutes; Laser Tag: USD 7 per game
- Address: 7631 N Caldwell Ave, Niles, IL 60714
- Timings: Monday – Friday: Closed; Saturday: 10:00 am – 11:00 pm; Sunday: 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
6. iFLY – Chicago Lincoln Park
iFLY ranks 6th position on the list of the top Chicago amusement parks. This park is an indoor skydiving facility for kids and adults outside downtown Chicago. This amusement park offers a virtual reality experience and hosts various events to enhance and provide thrill and fun to different people. iFLY offers an All Abilities Night for physically or cognitively challenged people, STEM field trips, Boys Scouts Field Trips, etc.
Other details about iFLY – Chicago Lincoln Park:
- Address: Scott St, Chicago, IL 60610
- Opening hours: Monday: Closed; Tuesday – Friday, Sunday: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm; Saturday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Entry Fee: 2 Flight Package: USD 69.95; 3 Flight Package: USD 89.95; 4 Flight Package: USD 111.95; 5 Flight Package: USD 131.95
7. Safari Land
Safari Land is one of the best indoor parks in Chicago. Some of Safari Land’s best rides include Tilt-a-Whirl, Tiger Terror, etc. Also, Safari Land features a games area and an animal park where you can take photos.
- Location: 701, W North Avenue, Villa Park, IL 60181, USA
- Timings: 11:00 am-10:00 pm
- Entry fee: INR 1110 for children and INR 1485 for adults
8. Kiddie Kingdom
Kiddie Kingdom is one of Chicago’s most affordable amusement parks for kids. This amusement park offers various rides and attractions for kids under 10. The Kiddie Kingdom opens from May through September.
- Phone number: 708-599-7333
- Website: www.kiddiekingdom.net
9. Skokie Water Park
Skokie Water Park ranks ninth among the 10 best Chicago amusement parks in 2023. This park has five kinds of slides, a children’s pool, spray features, and a lap pool. Also, Skokie Water Park organizes swimming lessons, among other activities.
- Location: 4701 Oakton St. Skokie, IL 60076
- Timings: 4:00 pm-8:00 pm Monday-Friday and 12:00 pm-6:00 pm Saturday-Sunday
- Entry fee: INR 1302
10. Pump It Up
Pump It Up is one of the most popular Chicago amusement parks. This park features a party sport and a climbing wall. Also, Pump It Up has a box maze for kids and adults.
- Location: 821 W Eastman St, Chicago, IL 60642, USA
- Timings: 9:30 am-5:00 pm
- Entry fee: INR 737
Chicago is a beautiful city with many thrilling places for leisure and other activities. Depending on your budget and schedule, Chicago offers top amusement parks. Check out the article above to see the six top Chicago amusement parks.