Getting to do a UK visa application in Nigeria only takes a few steps. If you are looking to travel to the UK and you do not know how to go about your visa application, this article will give you all the guides you need.
Applying for a visa is dependent on the purpose of your travel to a particular country. This is no different from applying for a UK visa in Nigeria. People travel to the UK for different reasons like work, study, permanent housing, and also as tourists. The reason for your travel will determine the type of visa you would apply for.
In this article, we are going to give a guide on the UK visa application in Nigeria. You will also have an idea of the requirements and criteria needed for the application process
UK visa application in Nigeria
Before applying for a UK visa in Nigeria, it is important to take note of the type of visa you want. Like we said earlier, this is dependent on your purpose of travelling to the UK.
For instance, if you want to travel for study, then you are to apply for a Student visa; for work purposes, you are to apply for a work permit visa. This is the case for business, tourist, and other types of UK visas available for Nigerians.
Applying for a UK visa
If you want to start the application process, you will have to check if you need a visa through this link www.gov.uk/check
If you are to get a visa, then you have to choose the type of visa you want based on why you are travelling to the UK.
Below is the application form for different types of UK visas available for Nigerians
- Student Visa: For Students, get the application form below to fill in the student visa online form here
- Work Visa: Start the application form for a business visa here
- Tourist Visa: Looking to go to the UK for holidays? Then check out this visa application form here
- UK citizen spouse visa: If you are looking to visit the UK, check the visa application form here
- Transit visa; If you passing through the UK to another country, then you would need to apply with this form
All these types of visas are required for those who are looking to apply based on the purpose of their visit.
Online Application form
The UK visa application in Nigeria requires that you provide some information when filling the online form. Here are some details you will provide during the application process.
- Full name
- Country of nationality
- Resident country
- Marital status
- Contact details
- Passport number
- Reason for entering the UK and other relevant information.
You can make payment for the UK visa application in Nigeria through your credit card or via online payment. After making payment, you can proceed to book an appointment for the invitation to an interview.
Applying for a visa that would reach up to a 6-month stay, you would need to pay an extra fee for a health surcharge.
Types of UK Visa
Like we have mentioned above, there are different types of visas and what travel purpose would make you eligible for these visas.
- Student Visa: This type of visa is for people who are looking to study a course in a University in the UK. This could be for a long-term or short-term program which means you are to apply for two types of visas in this category.
- Work Visa: If you have a job offer in the UK or you want to engage in paid jobs in the UK, then this is the type of visa you should be applying for.
- Tourist Visa: A tourist visa is recommended for those who are visiting the UK for any of the following reasons: Visit a family or friend; for holidays or vacations; a business trip; a private health treatment; or to get married.
- Transit Visa: If you are travelling to another country through the UK, then this visa is recommended.
- Other Visa: if you are visiting the UK for other reasons including business, visiting a spouse, travel visas are recommended.
Documents required for a UK visa application in Nigeria
If you are wondering, What documents do I need for the UK visa application in Nigeria? Then you don’t need to worry. We are going to give you a list of requirements that are necessary for the UK visa application process.
The following documents are required in the visa application process:
- The online application form with your information must be submitted. However, if you filled the form manually, then it is still an acceptable photograph ( At least 6 months old)
- A passport valid for at least before hs before the date of your travel
- Your financial statement of the months; is to prove your responsibility to cover your expenses.
- Biodata includes your photograph or a face shot.
- If you are visiting a fa, family, Fri, end, or staying with a spouse, then you will need to submit an invitation letter from the host. The host must be a legal resident or a citizen of the UK.
- You will also need to submit proof of your visa fees payment. Therefore, you will need to provide your payment slips.
NOTE: For some types of visas such as tourist or business, you will need to provide a detailed travel itinerary. This is a document that shows your travel plans, dates, booked tours, and hotels, and other things.
Eligibility for a UK visa
Applying for a UK visa in Nigeria can be done easily with the guides that we have provided in this article. However, to be eligible you will have to meet the criteria for any type of visas.
For Instance, if you are applying for a student visa, then you will need to have requirements including; proof of admission from the institution; proof that you are dependent (or evidence of sponsors if any), and other essential information.
Business visitors, however, will need requirements like; financial statements; proof of your business and other activities as well as relevant event information.
Also, if you are visiting a family member, a friend, or a spouse, then there are also requirements that you would need to be eligible.
This applies to the different types of visas as you could need additional requirements depending on the type of visa.
It is important to know that every document you provide for your visa application must correspond with the online application. This is very vital as it will increase your chance of getting approved for the visa.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Want to know what people are thinking about the UK visa application in Nigeria? Here are questions and answers about this topic.
How much is the UK visa fee?
The UK visa fee is dependent on some factors such as the following:
- The type of UK visa you are applying for
- The duration of the UK visa
- The fee also matters if you are travelling as a dependent or non-dependent individual
With that in mind, let us take a look at the breakdown of the visa fees considering the above factors;
- UK visa fee with a duration of fewer than six months 95 pounds
- UK visitor visa fees with a duration of fewer than two years are 261 pounds
- A visitor visa of fewer than five years is 655 pounds
- For a visa with less than 10 years duration, you would pay 822 pounds
The above fees are for UK visitor’s visas.
For a skilled work visa in the UK, the fees are around 610 pounds to 1, 408 pounds
Health and care visa cost around 232 pounds
For the study visa; (Aged 18 and above pays 348 pounds)
If you are looking to settle in the UK, the visa fees are as follows;
Settlement visa fees; 1, 523 pounds and 3,250 pounds if you have other relatives. However, if you are a refugee with dependent relatives, the fee is 388 pounds.
Can I get a refund of my visa application fee?
Your visa application fee is a non-refundable payment and you can not get a refund once you pay. However, you can only get a refund if you have not submitted the online application form. You should also note that in cases of refund, the process might sometimes take up to 28 days to complete.
Can I apply again after being refused initially?
If you have applied previously and got rejected, you can still apply. However, you need to address the issue that you had in your previous application when re-applying.
So, I believe you now have a good idea of the UK visa application in Nigeria. All the requirements and information in this article are very important for applying for a UK visa.
Did you find this article helpful? Please feel free to share it with your friends and family. Good luck with your application.