The United Kingdom is one of the most desirable destinations for Nigerians. A lot of Nigerians travel to the UK for work, study, and even on permanent residency. In 2022, UK visa fees have not changed a lot compared to the last few years. Visa applications for different purposes are a key influence on UK visa fees in Nigeria.
However, you can get detailed information about the types of Visas so that you know how much it costs.
In this article, we are going to give you insight into how much UK visas costs in Nigeria.
UK Visa fees in Nigeria 2022
The cost of a UK visa in Nigeria cost within the range of N31,000 ($87) to around N384, 640 ($1, 072).
Like we said earlier, the fees of the visa are dependent on the type of Visa. Below we are will give you the prices of the different types of visas available.
UK Visa for standard visitors
This is one of the most common types of UK visas in Nigeria. The standard visitor’s visa has different categories with each having different prices. Below is an overview of the categories of the Standard UK visa and their fees:
- Short-term UK visa with 6-month durability which is obtained for N45, 000 ($125)
- Long-term UK visa which is valid for 2 years. These types of visas are obtained at around N169, 920 ($472)
- A longer-term UK visa with 5-year validity is obtained at about N308, 520 ($857)
- Longer-term UK visa which is valid for up to 10 years and can be obtained at a fee of N386, 640
All these types of UK visas are available in Nigeria at their respective prices.
Short-term Visa Study Visa
For those willing to study in the United Kingdom, this is the recommended type of visa for you. This visa is also for a temporary basis of 6 months. This Visa can be obtained for a fee of N46, 800 ($130).
However, this fee could cost nearly twice the normal price for people looking to study English for 6 months. In these cases, the price extends to about N90, 000 ($251).
Visa fees for special visitors
Another common type of visa chosen by Nigerians, this visa is obtained by people travelling to the United Kingdom as special visitors.
Examples of these categories of visas under the special visitor’s visa include:
- The civil partnership of Marriage Visas- can be obtained at N45, 000 ($125)
- Parents visiting their children at schools in the UK are also under the special visitor’s visa category. These Visas can be obtained at around N249, 800 ($694). This type of visa is only valid for one year
Visa fees for Business Visitors
Visas for business visitors are of different types and can be obtained at different prices.
- Investors, entrepreneurs, and diplomatic couriers pay for their visas at a fee of N45, 000 ($125)
- Visas for dental observation, and medical tests; these visas are obtained for a price of N46, 800 ($130)
- UK visa for academic visitors with a one-year validity period is obtained for a fee of N90, 000 ($251)
Visa fees for Course F visitors
The UK visa for course F visitors is usually gotten by members of a foreign armed force. This type of visa is obtained for a fee of N249, 800 ($694).
These types of visas and their fees are all available for Nigerians who are willing to travel to the United Kingdom.
Note: prices of the visas might alter as the conversion rate is not stable. However, you can get updated information about the 2022 UK visa fees in Nigeria from their official website at visa-fees.homeoffice.gov.uk
Getting Information about UK visa fees in Nigeria
Asides from the official website for the UK visa fees, you will not get any other legit information from other sites. You will have to stay updated on the price and application process of the visa and fees. They are a few guidelines that you should follow to stay updated with the latest and most reliable news. Below, we will highlight some ways that you can stay updated on the 2022 UK Visa fees in Nigeria:
- With your phone, laptop, desktop, or tablet, visit the UK visa’s official website page via this link Visa-feeshomeoffice.gov.uk
- You will be directed to the homepage of the website. Scroll down and enter the green button that reads ‘Start now’
- After pressing the green button, you will be shown a long list of countries to choose from. In this case, choose Nigeria.
- After selecting your country, choose the type of information you will like to get information about.
- Alternatively, you can enter the show all button. This action will provide you with information on all the types of visas that are available. This information also contains the 2022 UK visa fees in Nigeria.
The above guide is the only source to get legit information about UK visa fees. You should always be cautious of scammers and internet fraudsters who are trying to sell out false information.
Requirements for the different types of UK Visas
Obtaining a UK visa has to be accompanied by one reason or the other; which is why the visas are categorized. All the types of visas, however, come with different terms and conditions that ensure that you are eligible. It will also help in proper documentation during the application process.
Nigerians travelling to the UK will have to look at these terms for the different types of UK visas. Below is a breakdown of how you can qualify for any of the available types of UK visas.
UK Spouse Visa for Nigerians
If you are travelling to the UK for the means of meeting up with your partner, you will need to apply for a Spouse visa. Below are a few requirements that will make you eligible for obtaining a spouse visa:
- You and your spouse must be 18 years old and above.
- You and your partner must be married or in a civil partnership that is recognized by the United Kingdom.
- Your partner must be a British citizen or a resident of the United Kingdom.
- You and your partner must have met in person before getting married.
- You and your partner must have been living together for the past 2 years.
These are the requirements that make you eligible to apply for a UK spouse visa.
UK work visa for Nigerians
Nigerians looking to travel to the United Kingdom for work are to apply for Tier 2 visas. This is only possible if you have received a job offer from a resident of the United Kingdom. Tier 2 visas are applicable for the following;
- Tier 2 (General): highly skilled workers that meet are eligible having fulfilled the requirements
- Tier 2 (ICT): This only permits the transfer of employees abroad into the United Kingdom
- Tier 2 (Sportsperson): Applicable to sports athletes and coaches
- Tier 2 (Minister of religion): This is common to religious workers internationally.
UK entrepreneur Visa for Nigerians
Entrepreneurs who are willing to travel to the United Kingdom are eligible on some grounds which we will highlight. Nigerian entrepreneurs are to apply for Tier 1 visas. This category only allows investors for;
- Global Talent Visa: this is a visa for specialized investors who are known for their arts locally and internationally.
- Tier 1 (Investor): To apply for this visa, the Nigerian entrepreneur must have 2 million pounds that can be invested in the UK
- Start-up Visa: setting up your first establishment in the UK would require this visa. Here, a minimum amount is not fixed, however, you have to be convincing about your goals
You can get in touch with IAS for more information on this
How long does it take to get a UK visa in Nigeria?
Nigerians must have a visa to travel to the United Kingdom. Whether you are travelling for study, work, tourism, or business, a visa is required. It takes up to a month for the Visa application to be completed.
How much is a flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK?
A one-way flight from Lagos to London is about N177, 000 ($492). On the other hand, a round-trip from Lagos to London costs around 245, 000 ($680).
Which airlines go from Nigeria to the United Kingdom?
Some of the major airlines from Lagos to London include Virgin Atlantic, Ethiopian Airlines, Etihad Airways, Emirates, and Ethiopian airlines.
So I believe by now you know the 2022 UK visa fees in Nigeria and the different types of visas with their respective requirements. If you are looking to travel to the United Kingdom, then you must have gotten some relevant information.