There are many Visa free countries for Pakistan and this guide will show you the key things to have in mind before considering moving to these visa free countries. Visa-free travel is a great way to travel without a visa, saving time and money. However, it does not mean that you can stay indefinitely in any country. You must follow the rules and regulations of each destination, such as how long you can stay, what activities you can do, and what documents you need to carry.
In this article, I provide a list of visa free countries for Pakistan, as well as some information on how to get a free visa or an e-visa for some other destinations. We will also explain what types of visas these countries offer, what documents you need to apply for them, how to process your application, and how long your visa will be valid.
List of Visa Free Countries for Pakistan
According to various sources, Pakistani citizens can visit 12 countries without a visa as of March 2023. These are:
- Cook Islands
- Turks and Caicos Islands
These countries allow Pakistani citizens to stay for different periods, ranging from 14 days to 6 months. Some of them may also require proof of onward travel, sufficient funds, health insurance, or vaccination certificates.
Eligibility for Getting a Free Visa or an e-Visa
Some of the visa free countries for Pakistan also offer free visas or e-visas to Pakistani citizens who meet certain criteria. A free visa means that you do not have to pay any fee when you apply for or receive a visa. An e-visa means that you can apply online and get electronic authorization that allows you to enter the country.
Some of the criteria that may make you eligible for a free visa or an e-visa are:
- Holding a valid visa or residence permit from another country, such as an EU member state, UK, Canada, USA, or GCC country
- Having an international vaccination certificate for certain diseases
- Having a specific purpose for visiting such as tourism, business, transit, study, or work
You should check the official website of each destination country to find out the exact requirements and procedures for getting a free visa or an e-visa. You should also note that these options may have different validity periods and conditions than visa-free travel.
Types of Visa These Countries Grant
The types of visa these countries grant vary depending on the purpose and duration of your visit. Some common types are:
Tourist visa: This is the most common type of visa for travelers who want to visit a country for sightseeing, leisure, or cultural activities. It usually allows you to stay for a short period of time, such as 30 or 90 days.
Business visa: This is a type of visa for travelers who want to visit a country for business purposes, such as attending meetings, conferences, trade fairs, or training. It usually allows you to stay for a longer period than a tourist visa, such as six months or one year.
Transit visa: This is a type of visa for travelers who want to pass through a country on their way to another destination. It usually allows you to stay for a very short period, such as 24 or 48 hours.
Student visa: This is a type of visa for travelers who want to study in a country for more than three months. It usually requires proof of admission from an educational institution and proof of financial support.
Work visa: This is a type of visa for travelers who want to work in a country legally. It usually requires proof of employment from an employer and proof of qualifications.
Documents Required for Applying
The documents required for applying vary depending on the type and destination of your visa. However, some common documents are:
- Application form
- Supporting documents: Such as proof of onward travel (such as flight tickets), proof of accommodation (such as hotel bookings), proof of funds (such as bank statements), proof of purpose (such as invitation letters), proof of health (such as vaccination certificates), etc.
How to Process Your Application
The process of applying for a visa varies depending on the type and destination of your visa. However, some common steps are:
- Visa type and destination research: Check eligibility, application, processing, validity, and fees.
- Gather application documents. Complete and accurate.
- Apply online or offline. Visit the destination country’s embassy or website to create an account.
- Pay using the destination country’s payment method online or offline.
- Wait for application approval. Track your application online or by phone. You may also be asked to interview or take a biometric test.
- Online or offline visas. You may need to print your e-visa confirmation or pick up your visa stamp at the embassy, consulate, or arrival airport.
- Bring your passport, visa, and other documents to the destination. Enter the country with them.
Tenure of the Free Visa or e-Visa in the Destination Countries
The tenure of the free visa or e-visa in the destination countries varies depending on the type and destination of your visa. It is usually specified by the destination country and may range from a few days to several months. Be sure to check the validity period of your visa before you travel to avoid any inconvenience. It is usually indicated on your visa or e-visa confirmation. You should not overstay your visa or e-visa tenure, as this may result in fines, deportation, or a ban from entering the country again.
Visa-free travel is a great way to explore new destinations without hassle. However, you should always do your research before you travel and follow the rules and regulations of each country. You should also check the latest travel advisories and health precautions for your safety and security.
If you are not eligible for visa-free travel or want to visit other countries that require a visa, you can still apply for a free visa or an e-visa online or offline. These options are convenient and fast, but they also require some documents and fees. You should always apply well in advance and wait for approval before you book your flight or accommodation.
I hope this article has given you some useful information on visa free countries for Pakistan and how to get a free visa or an e-visa for some other destinations. Happy travels!