If you’re a Bangladeshi or you own a Bangladesh passport, you might be wondering which visa free countries for Bangladesh for passport holders you can travel to. Lucky for you, there are quite a few! There are lots of countries that offer visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to Bangladeshi citizens thus saving travelers the stress associated with processing a visa.
So, if you wish to travel to Bangladesh for any reason at all, you should consider going through this guide to learn about the available visa free countries for Bangladesh. From Southeast Asia to the Caribbean, there are plenty of options to choose from.
List Of All the Visa free countries for Bangladesh
Below are the countries that offer free Visa to Bangladesh citizens and holders of a Bangladesh passport:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cook Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
Duration of Stay
Below are the periods of stay for the countries above which permit Bangladeshi passport holders to visit without a visa:
- Bhutan: up to 14 days.
- Dominica: up to 21 days.
- Ecuador: up to 90 days.
- Fiji: up to 4 months.
- Gambia: up to 90 days.
- Haiti: up to 90 days.
- Indonesia: up to 30 days.
- Jamaica: up to 90 days.
- Kenya: up to 90 days.
- Laos: up to 30 days.
- Maldives: up to 30 days.
- Nepal: up to 90 days.
- Saint Kitts and Nevis: up to 30 days.
- Senegal: up to 90 days.
- Seychelles: up to 3 months.
- South Korea: up to 90 days.
- Sri Lanka: up to 30 days.
- Tanzania: up to 3 months.
- Trinidad and Tobago: up to 90 days.
- Vanuatu: up to 30 days.
Note that the eligibility criteria may change from time to time. To avoid running into problems, endeavor to check with the relevant embassy or consulate before making travel plans and during your stay in your destination country.
Documents Required For Applying For Free Visa to the Visa Free Countries
Please, note that the specific documents required may vary depending on the country you’re planning to visit. However, in general, here are some documents that are commonly required:
- Valid Passport
A valid passport is one of the most important documents required for traveling. Even if the destination country doesn’t need a visa from you they still require you to have the passport of your home country. However, in the case of Visa free countries for Bangladesh, your passport must have been obtained at least six months before your travel to the destination country.
- Passport-size Photographs
You’ll typically need to provide passport-sized photographs as part of your application. Make sure your photograph meets the specific requirements of the country you’re planning to visit.
- Proof of Travel Plans
You may need to provide proof of your travel plans, such as a round-trip airline ticket, hotel reservation, or a detailed travel itinerary.
- Proof of Financial Support
You may need to provide proof that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay in the country you’re traveling to. This could be bank statements, income tax returns, or a letter from your employer attesting to the employer or your competency in meeting the financial obligations in the country you’re going to.
- Other Supporting Documents
Depending on the country you’re visiting, you may need to provide additional documents such as a letter of invitation, a health certificate, or a police clearance certificate.
It’s important to check the specific requirements of the country you’re planning to visit and ensure that you have all the necessary documents before submitting your application to travel there.
How To Process Your Travel To These Countries
Here are some general steps to follow to process your travel to Visa Free Countries for Bangladesh:
- Research the specific entry requirements for the country you wish to visit. Even though you may not need a visa, there may be other requirements such as proof of onward travel, a certain amount of money that should be in your bank account, or a yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into the country you plan to visit. If not, you’ll need to renew your passport before applying to travel to the country.
- Check if there are any specific application forms you need to fill out for visa-free entry. Some countries may require a specific form, while others may not.
- Gather any necessary supporting documents such as flight reservations, hotel bookings, travel insurance, or bank statements that may be needed to prove your ability to support yourself during your stay.
- Head to the airport or land border of your destination country and present your passport and supporting documents to the immigration officer.
- Make sure to answer all questions honestly and clearly, and be prepared to provide additional information or documents if requested.
Once your entry is approved, you will be given a certain amount of time to stay in the country. Make sure to keep track of the expiry date of your stay to avoid overstaying and possible penalties.
Remember, even though you may not need a visa, it’s always a good idea to be prepared and have all the necessary documents on hand to avoid any complications at the border.
Length of Stay in the Destination Countries
It’s important to note that the length of the visa-free stay varies between countries and is subject to change at any time. So, check the most up-to-date information before traveling.
Here’s a brief overview of the typical length of stay in Visa free countries for Bangladesh citizens:
- Barbados – 6 months
- Bhutan – 14 days
- Dominica – 6 months
- Fiji – 4 months
- Gambia – 90 days
- Grenada – 3 months
- Haiti – 3 months
- Indonesia – 30 days
- Jamaica – 6 months
- Lesotho – 90 days
- Maldives – 30 days
- Nepal – 90 days
- Saint Kitts and Nevis – 3 months
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines – 1 month
- Senegal – 90 days
- Seychelles – 1 month
- Trinidad and Tobago – 90 days
- Vanuatu – 30 days
Please, note that the length of stay can be influenced by various factors, including the purpose of your visit and the discretion of the immigration officer. For example, if you plan to stay for an extended period or if you are suspected of intending to work illegally, you may be denied entry or given a shorter duration of stay.
To avoid any issues in the Visa Free Countries for Bangladesh, make sure to have all necessary documents, including a valid passport, proof of onward travel, and sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay. If you plan to stay longer than the permitted duration or if you want to engage in any activities that are not allowed under the visa-free entry, you may need to apply for a visa beforehand.
Bangladeshi citizens have the opportunity to travel to several countries without a visa. The length of the visa-free stay varies depending on the country and is subject to change at any time. It’s important to check the entry requirements before traveling to visa free countries for Bangladesh and have all necessary documents, including a valid passport, proof of onward travel, and sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay. If you plan to stay longer than the permitted duration or engage in activities that are not allowed under the visa-free entry, you may need to apply for a visa beforehand. If you are going to visa free countries for Bangladesh, always make sure to follow the rules and regulations of the country you are visiting to ensure a smooth and enjoyable travel experience. Enjoy your stay in the beautiful country you’ve chosen to visit!