Luxembourg officially the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, as they say, is a small country in Europe blessed with stunning old intricates of nature. Beautiful Luxembourg is in fact, a hidden Gold surrounded by Belgium, France, and Germany.
Even Wikipedia wrote that “It’s mostly rural, with dense Ardennes forest and nature parks in the north, rocky gorges of the Mullerthal region in the east and the Moselle river valley in the southeast. Its capital, Luxembourg City, is famed for its fortified medieval old town perched on sheer cliffs”, Interesting really?
Anytime is a good time to travel to the Luxembourg City though January and February can get very cold and temperatures can fall to as low as -15°C. One of the few reasons you’ll see Luxembourgers wearing hoodies and sweatshirts every now and then. The summer can be very hot in Luxembourg and it is no different from the weather of our dear country, Nigeria.
Types of Visa to Luxembourg
There are several visa types available into Luxembourg, depending on the purpose of your travel.
- Business visa
- Tourist visa
- Student visa
Where to Go
There is no registered Luxembourg embassy here in Nigeria yet but you can apply for a Luxembourg Visa through the Belgian embassy in Nigeria.
Belgian Embassy in Abuja, Nigeria
Luxembourg Visa Requirements For Nigerian Citizens
So you’ve been searching for Luxembourg visa requirements and couldn’t find a complete list? Worry less as you’ll find everything you need to know about flying to Luxembourg and the required documents to get a Luxembourg work visa.
- The Visa application form must be completely filled and signed.
- Recent passport-sized photographs which captures the full face with a light background is required.
- International passport with a validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Copy of the passports data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
- Copies of your previous visas (if any).
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit and itinerary.
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit.
- Health Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel.
- Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay.
- A proof of your civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse if applicable).
- Proof of legal stay (if the application is not presented in the country of origin).
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay.
- If you will be receiving financial support from a host or other sponsor in the travel destination, their bank statement would be required. Please provide a copy of that individual’s bank statement. Please note that the invitation letter from your host should specifically state the types of support they will be providing (financial, accommodations, etc.).
- Original Business letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if any exists.
- Certificate of employment (if employed).
- If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel (if employed).
- Trade register excerpt or the like (for self-employed).
- Bank statement for the last 3 months.
- Proof of group travel (if the travel is going to be done in a group).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Visa fees
IMPORTANT: You should be aware that the Luxembourg travel requirement can change due to individual cases. The competent embassy can request for additional travel documents.
For any inquiries or help concerning getting Luxembourg Travel Visa? Feel free to reach out to us first or contact the recommended travel embassy in Nigeria.