Iceland is one of the very cold regions around the world. This nation as seems small yet powerful is characterized by its alluring landscape with volcanoes, geysers, hot springs, and lava fields. In Vatnajökull and Snæfellsjökull national parks massive glaciers are protected. Reykjavik is its capital and most populous city.
Either you want to travel to Iceland to visit tourist centers or you are going there on a business trip for a certain period of time. I just want to let you know Iceland is a safe country to visit.
According to Wikipedia, Iceland is the most sparsely populated country in Europe but is the world’s 18th largest island and Europe’s second-largest island after Great Britain. Icelandic is its official language, and the currency in use is the Icelandic krona; sound’s like Coronavirus? Forget it. Let’s proceed to the type of Iceland visas and their requirements.
Types of Visa to Iceland
There are different types of Iceland visa that can give you access to fly into Iceland, and these can broadly be divided into two groups depending on the intended purpose of the travel.
- Long Term visa
• Study • Work • Marriage • Family stay
- Short Term visa
• Tourism • Business • Transit • Visit
There is no Iceland consulate or embassy here in Nigeria but Iceland is a Schengen state, so a valid visa to any other country that is part of the Schengen agreement would grant you access into the Iceland borders. So the British High Commission or any other Schengen country’s consulate here in Nigeria should do.
British High Commission Abuja
19 Torrens Close, Mississippi, Abuja, Nigeria.
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
British Deputy High Commission Lagos
Iceland Visa Requirements For Nigerians
Here is a list of required documents needed if you are trying to visit Iceland anytime soon. These are the correct and valid Iceland visa requirements for Nigerians. If you check other blogs, you’ll still end up seeing the same information so why not bookmark our page to read about visa guides.
- The Visa application form completely filled and signed.
- Recent passport-sized photographs which capture the full face with a light background is required.
- International passport with a validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Copy of the passports data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
- Copies of your previous visas (if any).
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Slovakia and itinerary.
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Slovakia.
- Health Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel.
- Hotel reservation for the duration of the intended stay.
- A proof of your civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse if applicable).
- Proof of legal stay (if the application is not presented in the country of origin).
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay.
- If you will be receiving financial support from a host or other sponsor in Slovakia, their bank statement would be required. Please provide a copy of that individual’s bank statement. Please note that the invitation letter from your host should specifically state the types of support they will be providing (financial, accommodations, etc.).
- Original Business letter, signed by the inviting company on the company letter paper, providing information about the travel purpose, specifying the type and desired validity of the visa.
- Proof of previous trade relations between the two companies, if any exists.
- Certificate of employment (if employed).
- If you are retired please submit proof of your retirement fund.
- A certificate from your employer stating/allowing your business travel (if employed).
- Trade register excerpt or the like (for self-employed).
- Bank statement for the last 3 months.
- Proof of group travel (if the travel is going to be done in a group).
- Trade License (first issued and present renewal).
- Visa fee
Now that you’ve seen the information you’ve been searching for about, how to get an Iceland visa in Nigeria and Iceland visa requirements for Nigerians. It is high time you start packing your load for safe travel to Iceland.
If you have any questions concerning how to get Iceland visa from Nigeria? Feel free to reach out to us using our contact page by clicking here or comment below.