A Kenya visa is required for Nigerians who want to visit Kenya, whether for tourism, studies, business, or other purposes. It requires you to apply online for the visa and wait for the approval. Kenya isn’t one of the visa-free countries for Nigerians with passports.
The Kenya visa fee is pegged at $52.79, and you must pay online via any debit card. You may be asked to make additional payments, such as a tour itinerary, to complete your application. Upon approval, you will be issued an electronic visa which you will have to change for the sticker visa at the port of entry attached to your passport. Please note that the money is non-refundable.
The process is simple and only requires a few minutes to complete. You will need your passport details and credit card information.
The eVisa is valid for 90 days, starting from the date it was issued, so you should make sure that you travel within this period to avoid being charged an extra fee or having your application denied (which can sometimes happen).
The following are the prices for Kenya visas from Nigeria:
- Single Visa – US$51.00
- Transit Visa – US$21.00
- Multiple Visa – US$101.00
- East Africa Tourist Visa – $101.00
- Courtesy Journey Visa Fee – $0.00
- Fast-Tracked Visa Fee – You have to contact the Keyan Embassy or consulate for the price
- 5 Years Multiple Journey Visa – $201. 00
Please note that the Visa fee is included with service charges.
Types of Kenya Visa
Kenya tourist visa
The tourist visa is valid for up to 90 days and is issued for those traveling to Kenya for tourism purposes only. The tourist visa can be extended once for another 30 days, provided that the applicant has enough money in the bank or shows proof of funds during the application process. The cost of applying for a tourist visa is $50, and it takes approximately 7-10 days to process at an embassy or consulate office.
Suppose you plan on conducting business activities while in Kenya; you must apply for a business visa instead of just a tourist visa. The business visa is valid for up to 90 days and can be extended once more if necessary during that period (up to 90 days). The cost of applying for a business visa is $100 plus an additional daily fee if your application needs more than five working days of processing time (e.g., if it requires an interview).
Work permit visa
A work permit visa allows you to work in Kenya without a Kenyan employer or sponsor. It is valid for five years and may be applied for by any employer willing to pay the required fee on behalf of the applicant. The fee is US$100 annually, payable in U.S. dollars only (no credit cards). The procession might take up to one month.
Single entry visa
A single-entry visa allows you to enter Kenya once only during its validity period. The single entry visa can be obtained online or at an Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of Kenya in your country of residence or stay before departure. You will non-refundable fee of USD 50 at the time of application.
Double entry visa
A double-entry visa allows you to enter Kenya twice during its validity period. The double entry visa can be obtained online or at an Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of Kenya in your country of residence or stay before departure. You will have to pay a non-refundable fee of USD 100 at the time of application.
Multiple entry visa
A multiple-entry visa allows you to enter Kenya as often as desired during its validity period without re-applying for another.
Student visa/student permit
Student visa/student permit: It is issued to foreign students seeking admission into any recognized educational institution in Kenya. The validity of the student permit is one year from the date of issue. It can be extended for another similar period upon application by the student with evidence of academic progress and satisfactory completion of studies.
This is for people who are transiting through Kenya but not staying. You will show onward travel proof and an exit ticket from Kenya.
What are the Requirements for a Kenya Electronic Visa Application?
Below are the requirements to apply for a Kenya e-visa:
- A valid passport: Your international passport must be valid for at least six months. The passport must also have at least two blank pages to accommodate all visa stamps you will receive from Kenya Immigration officials.
- Two copies of your international flight itinerary: This document shows where you will travel from and to Kenya. Your travel agent can help you with this or book online.
- A completed Kenya visa application form: This can be downloaded from the Kenyan Embassy website or picked up from the embassy upon arrival. The form requires personal details such as phone number, name, address, and date of birth. You will also need to provide information about your occupation, nationality, and place of birth, among other things, on this form to ensure that all information provided is correct before submitting it to the embassy.
- Two passport photographs: These should be taken six months before your application date and aligned with the embassy photograph requirements.
- A valid international credit card for payment of expenses such as visa fees and service charges (Visa or MasterCard).
- A recent utility bill, like electricity or water bills issued three months before your application date.
- Visa fee payment receipt
- Proof of hotel booking or copy of return air ticket (in case you are applying for a single entry visa)
How to Apply for Kenya Visa
The application can be made online. All you need is to follow the below laid-down steps.
- Go online and complete an online application form.
- Cross-check all provided information to ensure they are all correct
- Make payment for your online visa
- Upload all required documents
- Your visa will be sent via email upon approval
- Print the visa
How long will my visa last?
The Kenya visa you get will depend on the purpose of your visit, where you are staying, and how long you want to stay. For instance, if you are visiting Kenya as a tourist, your visa will expire after 14 days starting from the date of entry into the country. However, if you are coming for business or to study in Kenya, your visa may be valid for up to 3 months from entry into the country.
Can I renew my Kenyan visa?
You can renew your Kenyan visa by applying for a renewal form at any immigration office (Kenya’s Immigration Service) or any port of entry in Kenya. You should ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months starting from the day you enter Kenya. This is because all passports must have a validity of at least six months remaining after the date of departure from Kenya.
What is the age limit for a Kenya visa application?
No, there is no age limit. However, we recommend applying for your visa three months before your travel date.
What documents do I need to provide when applying for a Kenya Visa from Nigeria?
You will need to provide: A completed application form (click here) with a recent passport photograph attached; Payment receipt showing your payment has been processed; Your Kenyan passport with at least six months validity after your return date; Copy of valid passport ID page with current address; One letter of invitation addressed to you by an official agency or company in Kenya confirming your stay will be paid by them (you may also include proof of payment).
How can I apply for a Kenyan Visa?
You can apply for your visa through an authorized agent or online. If you choose the latter, you must provide all necessary documents and pay fees before submitting your application.
What Documents Do I Need To Apply For A Kenyan Visa?
When applying online, you only need your passport and an electronic payment card (credit card or debit card). You will also have to provide basic personal information such as name, date of birth, and nationality. This information should be correctly inputted exactly how it appears on your passport so there are no mistakes when processing your application.
It is advised that when doing a Keyan visa, you go through the Keyan Embassy, consulates, or any approved agency to avoid being defrauded.