Cyprus visa application is as easy as all other visa application processes. A visa is an official document showing a permit to legally enter a country.
You can’t be allowed to enter a country without a visa. You are lucky to read this article because you are about to discover the easiest and fastest way to apply for a Cyprus visa application and its requirements.
So why can’t you read through, employ the opportunity and get yourself ready for the visa processes?
CYPRUS VISA APPLICATION
Cyprus is one of the European countries that offer visas to immigrants from other countries. Since Cyprus is under the European Union, all immigrants from countries under the European Union did not need a visa to enter Cyprus.
Also, some countries are exempted from visa application by their citizens to enter Cyprus provided they aren’t not staying in the country for more than 90 days.
However, immigrants from most countries are required to apply for visas before they can travel to Cyprus. You can check for your country status at available countries for Cyprus visa exemption
TYPES OF CYPRUS VISA APPLICATION
The process of Cyprus visa application depends on the type of visa you are aspiring for. The available types of Cyprus are:
- Multiple entry visa: this type of visa is acquired by foreigners who visit Cyprus continually for important purposes
- Travel visa: this visa is only for foreigners who travel to Cyprus for a short period for visiting, vacation and tourism.
- Long stay visa: this visa must be acquired by an immigrant who wishes to stay in Cyprus for a long period.
- Student visa: if you are a student and wish to study in Cyprus, a student visa is the best for you.
- Airport transit visa: a traveller applies for an airport transit visa if he/she has to stop at Cyprus airport during the course of travelling from one country to another.
- Work visa: a work visa is processed if you are staying in Cyprus in order to be an employee in the country.
- Group visa: this is a visa acquired by a group of foreigners travelling to Cyprus for a particular purpose.
Cyprus visa application is as important as you travelling this year, you can start the process now.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA FOR CYPRUS VISA APPLICATION
The criteria below qualify a foreigner for a Cyprus visa application.
- A foreigner aspiring to travel to Cyprus must not be a criminal convict in his/her country of residence. This assures the Cyprus government that he/she is not leaving the country of residence to constitute a nuisance or pose a security threat in Cyprus.
- All necessary documents required for visa application must be possessed by the aspirant. Documents required for other purposes in Cyprus must also be possessed by the aspirant.
- Though the visa application is free, an aspirant must be able to show that he/she has sufficient income to take care of the expenses in Cyprus.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CYPRUS VISA APPLICATION
- International Passport: passport is a document showing some of your information. In order to travel to Cyprus, you must possess a valid passport issued three months before your Cyprus visa application process. Your passport should also consist of all past visa application records if there is any of such.
- National Identity card: this is used to prove that you are a citizen of the country you are applying from. Any national valid identity card can be used as well. In case you are not a citizen, proof of residence permit is required.
- Application form: an application form for a Cyprus visa must be collected at the Cyprus embassy in your country of residence or any other location assigned for that purpose. You should note that the application form is free.
- Passport photograph: two passport photographs are required to be submitted alongside the application form. The passport must not be older than six months and your face must be the major focus. The dimension must be about 4facial0mm by 50mm. Also, the picture must be of relatively high quality with a white background. Make-up or anything changing your look is not allowed when taking a picture. The picture must be erect and upright but in the case of a baby that can’t stand erect, the picture can be taken when the baby is lying down. It should be noted that wearing glasses is not allowed when taking the picture because your face is the major focus in the passport photograph.
- Bank statement: this document is needed to prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself when you are in Cyprus. In addition to the bank statements, you may attach documents showing a regular source of income.
- Medical fitness certificate and health insurance: a medical fitness certificate from an accredited hospital is needed. This is a prove that you are medically okay for the journey. Also, medical fitness certificate ensures that you are not carrying any pathogenic infectious disease to Cyprus to percent possible infection. A health insurance certificate shows that you are covered by an insurance policy in case of any health complications.
- Status of employment: this document is to show your employment status. If enclosed, a letter of permission from your employer is needed, the letter must be addressed to the Cyprus embassy in your country. A student must submit a reference letter from his/her school stating the duration of the course he/she is applying for.
- Flight ticket: when applying for a Cyprus visa, you must present a flight ticket to Cyprus. This shows that you are capable of sponsoring your flight to Cyprus.
To learn more about the required documents for the Cyprus visa application, please visit the Cyprus visa application required document
CYPRUS VISA APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Every type of Cyprus visa application requires a particular requirement. In this part of the article, we shall review the requirements for the Cyprus visa application process.
- Visiting or travel visa: For an individual who is staying in the country for a short period, he/she must possess all the documents as stated above. In addition, such foreigners must be able to state the reason for travelling to Cyprus. Also, he/she must present evidence of a flight ticket to Cyprus. You can check other requirements at requirements for visiting Cyprus visa application
- Permanent visa: requirements for a permanent visa application are based on the reason for your stay in Cyprus. These have been divided into different categories. Check out the requirements for the different categories at requirements for permanent visa application
- Student visa: In addition to other required documents, a student must submit to the embassy evidence of admission by an accredited Cyprus institution. Also, evidence of tuition payment and other necessities is required as well. In addition, a permit document issued by the Civil Archive and Migration Department is required for student visa application. Check Cyprus student visa application requirements to know more about the requirement.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CYPRUS VISA
- Get all the required documents ready
- Visit the Cyprus embassy in your country for the application form
- Fill in all the required information in the application form. Two passport photograph is required
- Attached are all the necessary documents to the application form.
- Submit the application form
- Wait patiently for the visa processes
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PROCESS CYPRUS VISA APPLICATION?
Cyprus visa application processes can take up to ten working days.
It is advisable to be proactive enough about the application processes to avoid unnecessary delay. However, the proactiveness should not be more than three months to your travelling.
ALL ABOUT CYPRUS
A Cyprus visa aspirant needs to know a little about Cyprus. In this part of the article, I am going to write about Cyprus.
Cyprus is often referred to as the Republic of Cyprus. Cyprus, which is a prominent country in Europe, became an independent country from the British colony in 1960.
It is located in the east part of the Mediterranean Sea being the third-largest country on the island. It is a very popular country in its geographical location.
Cyprus is surrounded by six countries which include: Turkey, Egypt, Greece, Israel, Lebanon, and Syria. The capital of Cyprus is Nicosia.
The two most spoken languages in Cyprus are Turkish and Greek. Also, the Euro is the only recognized currency in Cyprus.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Cyprus visa application process difficult and stressful?
Cyprus visa application is not as difficult as most people think. All you need is to possess the required document and follow the steps in this article.
What is my first step to start Cyprus visa processing today
The first step to take is to visit your country’s Cyprus embassy for information and further instructions.
Can an infant apply for a Cyprus visa?
Yes, if the infant must travel with his/her parents. The parent must process the infant visa application separately.